Monday, November 9, 2009

My home "away from home"


This is the view as I come out my door each day. That street is very, very busy, as it is the only road that connects most of these villages. Boda-Bodas (motorcycles) sit out in back of my house on this street, waiting to taxi patients/families/staff to and from their homes.









This is the Kilembe Mines Hospital Guest House. It's divided into two...like a duplex and I live on this side. It has running water (can't drink it though, as it's from the river), a western-style bathroom (thank God!) and power that comes on from 7p-7a and again around lunch.











This is the front of the house.
















View from the back of my house.














I have these lovely little visitors in my home pretty regularly. They scare the crap out of me and I have to get a broom and steer them back outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment