Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I will be flying out of Atlanta on October 24, 2009 to Entebbe, Uganda. I change planes in London and my connection time is very tight, so I am actually hoping I miss my connecting flight so I can stay in London one day. I'm staying one night in Entebbe, Uganda and then Sister Theresa is sending a driver to pick me up for the long, 7-hour car ride over unpaved roads, to the hospital in which I will be working for the next six months.

I'm very excited about this big adventure, but there are still so many things to do...finish packing up my house and putting everything in storage, arranging for all my bills and mail to be taken care of while I'm gone, packing a huge amount of donated medical supplies and spending as much time as possible with my friends and family to "soak them all in" before I go.

I'm going to have a lot of trouble with not seeing my family and friends for such a long time and not having my "people" around me during Christmas. I know this will be a very rewarding experience, but I am going to miss them so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment